Thanks for your interest in our eBooks. When you purchase an eBook from Canine Training Systems, you will be able to initiate download from two locations after you enter your information and click "Submit":
- The online order confirmation page will immediately contain a download link
- Your confirmation email will contain a link above the list of items in your order. Please contact us with issues as digital product sales are final.
The downloaded file will contain multiple popular file types (Adobe PDF, ePub and Mobi) for a variety of readers (your PC, Kindle, Nook, iPad/iPhone/iPod, Droid and more). Click on a section below to find out how to install the file types on your specific reader/device. If you still have questions, please contact us directly.
- Adobe PDF
- Android Phone/Tablets
- Barnes and Noble Nook
- EPub Format (iPad,iPhone,iTouch)
- Mobi Format
- Sony Reader
The Portable Document Format or PDF is an open source document that's ideal for viewing on your PC or printing to hard copy. You will need the Adobe PDF Reader which can be downloaded from Adobe here. An increasing number of tablets have apps from Adobe that allow viewing with ease without formally installing the book.
For viewing on your personal computer, please download the Adobe Reader.
- We recommend using the Alkido Book Reader - available free on the Marketplace on your phone/tablet.
- Download the Epub file on your PC.
- Put the file onto your SDcard / Phone memory by connecting your phone to your computer with the USB cable.
- Open the Alkido App, select the home icon, select SD card.
- Find the folder named Download, the epub file you downloaded should be in it, select import into Alkido.
Barnes and Noble Nook
- Connect your Nook to your PC or Mac using the USB cable. If you are unfamiliar how to do this, read the USB Connectivity section in the Nook User Manual.
- Once Nook is connected to your computer, you will see a series of folders: "my documents", "my music", "my screensavers", etc.
- Copy the .epub file you downloaded from Dogwise.com to the "my documents" folder on your Nook. Nook Color Users: The file goes into the main Nook Color drive, do not place it in any of the folders on the Nook Color. The device will then move the file itself.
- When the .epub file has been copied and is visible in the "my documents" folder on your Nook, use your computer to unmount or eject your Nook before disconnecting the USB cable.
- After disconnecting, tap "my library" on the Nook's touchscreen, and select "View My Documents" to open and read your ebook.
Here is a video on how to load the files onto your nook:
This is format is supported by the Sony Reader, Barnes and Noble Nook, and the Apple iPad/iTouch/iPhone. Please note that most smartphones and other bookreaders use the Epub format. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us and we'll be happy to help you out.
To Add a book to your iPad/iTouch/iPhone:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Itunes. In addition make sure you have the iBooks app installed available free from Apple.
- Download the Epub file with your computer - using the Safari Browser built into your Apple Device will not work.
- Connect your Apple Device to your computer.
- Open Itunes.
- Drag the Epub file into your Library, it should go into the books folder.
- Select your Ipad in the devices dialogue on the left hand side.
- Go to the books tab and make sure you have the sync books option turned on.
- You can now sync your Apple Device and the book should appear in your bookshelf.
Here is a video on how to transfer to your iPad/iPhone:
This format is the Kindle Specific format.
To add a Mobi (".mobi") Ebook to your Kindle:
- Turn your Kindle on
- Connect the Kindle to your computer using the USB cable that came with your Kindle
- Drag and drop the ".mobi" Ebook file into the documents folder on your Kindle
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, "Safely Remove Mass Storage Device" (Windows) or "Eject" (Mac) the Kindle from your computer
- When the USB activity indicator on your Kindle stops flashing, unplug the USB cable from your Kindle
- The Ebook should now appear in your Kindle library
Here is a video on how to transfer to your Kindle if you have a PC:
Here is how to transfer to your Kindle if you have a Mac:
- Connect your Sony Reader to your PC or Mac using the USB cable. If you are unfamiliar how to do this, read the Transferring Content section of the User's Guide
- Once the Sony Reader is connected to your computer, you can use either the Sony Reader Library software to transfer the file onto your reader
- When the .epub file has been copied, use your computer to unmount or eject your Sony Reader before disconnecting the USB cable.
Here is a video on how to do it: