Unleashing the Velcro Dog- Training Your Agility Dog to Love Working at a Distance by Jane Simmons-Moake
Do you long for a dog that will soar accurately and enthusiastically through the most challenging agility course, while working at great distance? If so, you have come to the right place. This book will show you how to train your joined-at-the-hip Velcro dog to both enjoy and excel at working away from you.
The ability to handle your dog at a distance is a tremendous asset- if not a necessity- in all types of agility courses. Through the methods detailed in this book you can:
- Attain a competitive advantage through the enormous flexibility you will gain in choosing a winning handling strategy.
- Take a shorter path than your dog by working at a lateral distance, thus allowing you to take full advantage of your dog’s fastest speed- instead of being limited by yours.
- Acquire tools to enable you to smoothly handle courses with handler restrictions, long straightaways, and layering challenges.
- Ace courses that specifically require distance skills, such as Gambler’s and FAST.
- Enjoy the exhilarating feeling of ultimate teamwork as you and your canine partner fully negotiate the course together, yet independently.
- About This Book
- Chapter 1. Tools and Concepts
- Chapter 2. Tunnels at a Distance
- Chapter 3. Jumps at a Distance
- Chapter 4. Contact Obstacles at a Distance
- Chapter 5. The Pause Table at a Distance
- Chapter 6. Weave Poles at a Distance
- Chapter 7. Sequencing Using Lateral Distance
- Chapter 8. Learning to Love Layering
- Chapter 9. Lateral Distance Through Circle Training
- Chapter 10. Lateral Pushing Through the Out Command
- Chapter 11. Again at a Distance
- Chapter 12. Contact/Tunnel Flips at a Distance
- Chapter 13. More Fun with Concentric Circles
- Chapter 14. Linear-Distance Skills
- Chapter 15. Combining Flips and Layering
- Chapter 16. Distance Racetracks
- Chapter 17. Pinwheels at a Distance
- Chapter 18. Getting the Opposite End of the Tunnel at a Distance
- Chapter 19. Driving Ahead After Tunnels
- Chapter 20. Putting it All Together
Jane Simmons-Moake, 224 pages, 2007, hardcover book.
A perfect complement to the Award Winning Video in Canine Training Systems® series with Jane on this exciting sport.
We also recommend the Award-Winning complementary title in our Agility Series with Jane Simmons-Moake, Advanced Skills Training.
The Sample Clip is from Canine Training Systems® complementary DVD title.