The Culture Clash: A revolutionary new way of understanding the relationship between humans and domestic dogs
is special! It is utterly unique, fascinating to the extreme, and literally overflowing with information that is so new it virtually redefines state of the art in dog behavior and training. Generations of dogs have been labeled training-lemons for requiring actual motivation when all along they were perfectly normal. Others have been branded as misfits for barking, chewing, sniffing, jumping up and having arguments. All dogs need to be taught how to modify their normal and natural behaviors to adjust to human culture. All too often, when the dog's way of life conflicts with human rules and standards, many dogs are discarded and summarily put to death. That's quite the Culture Clash.
This book includes:
The Culture Clash
- Chapter 1: Getting the Dog's Perspective (Dog Intelligence and Morality)
- Chapter 2: Hard-Wiring: What the Dog Comes With (Predatory and Social Behavior)
- Chapter 3: Socialization, Conflict Resolution, Fear and Aggression (Biters and Fighters)
- Chapter 4: It's All Chew Toys to Them
- Chapter 5: Lemon Brains But We Still Love Them (How Dogs Learn)
- Chapter 6: Wait and Leave it
- Chapter 7: Nuts and Bolts of Obedience Training (Sequences for Training and Proofing Commands
, Jean Donaldson, 203 pages, 2005, Second Edition.
The Dog Writer's Association of America's "Best Book of the Year" Award Winner!- 1996
Jean Donaldson is also the best selling author of the excellent book Train Your Dog Like a Pro
, Fight- A Guide to Dog-Dog Aggression
and Mine! A Practical Guide to Resource Guarding in Dogs