In The Toolbox for Building a Great Family Dog book by Terry Ryan
, Terry presents a complete guide to help families raise a happy and well-mannered dog using techniques and games that are both fun and effective. The focus of this book is the family dog and all that phrase implies including the interactions between kids and dogs, household management strategies, common behavioral problems and training games the whole family (and dog!) can enjoy.
Terry’s fans will remember her 1998 book The Toolbox for Remodeling Your Problem Dog. This was one the first books to translate the science of dog behavior and training into practical and easily understood skills for both pet owner and trainer. The focus was on how to solve behavior problems. Now, as Terry puts it, her emphasis is on circumventing problems by rewarding good behavior and teaching alternative behaviors to replace those that are less desirable. A LOT has happened in dog training since the first version was released and this title is brought fully up to date.
This book contains:
- Important training and behavior concepts using Terry’s creative and fun relationship building program.
- The “YES TRAIN” approach to solving and managing behavior problems.
- Games to play with your dog to keep them stimulated and provide opportunities for kids to work with dogs.
- How to read your dog’s body language to understand what he is thinking and why he is reacting to what is going on around him.
The Toolbox for Building a Great Family Dog
- Chapter 1- The Raw Material
- Chapter 2- The Drawing Board
- Chapter 3- Building Supplies
- Chapter 4- The Foundatioin
- Chapter 5- Framework
- Chapter 6- The Main Floor
- Chapter 7- The Second Floor
- Chapter 8- Remodeling
- About the Author
, Terry Ryan, 2011, 164 pages, eBook.
Canine Training Systems also carries an eBook version of this title in digital format. Terry Ryan's Toolbox for a Great Family Dog