A playful dog is a healthy dog! Play is a great way to build a solid relationship with your dog. In addition to being just plain FUN, it’s also a great training tool. Play helps dogs learn how to interact properly with other dogs—and people. It helps sharpen their social skills and provides excellent physical and mental stimulation. Whether you have an already playful pup or have a play-deprived dog who needs a re-introduction to the joys of play, this book will open your eyes to the possibilities. But don’t spend too much time reading—be sure to save time for play!
Play with Your Dog will show you:
- How play helps you build a loving relationship with your dog.
- The role of play in helping puppies avoid problems like fear and biting.
- How to use play to re-socialize adult dogs.
- What to look for in dog play—is it aggression or just having fun?
- 1. The Play's the Thing
- 2. Plays Well With Others
- 3. If You Don't Play, You Can't Win
- 4. Play It Again Sam
- 5. Let the Games Begin
- 6. The Family That Plays Together, Stays Together
- 7. Don't Play in Traffic
- How Not To Play With Your Dog
- 8. Let Us Play
- Rehabilitating the Play-Deprived Dog
- Recommended Reading
- About the Author
by Pat Miller, CPDT-KA, CDBC, 2008, 154 pgs, eBook.
What others are saying:
"There’s more to canine fun and games than just fetch! Miller explains why play is
important, illustrates how constructive dog play can strengthen your relationship with
your dog, and manages to make reading the book almost as much fun as putting the
ideas to work!"
- Victoria Schade, CPDT, author of New Puppy, Now What?
"Play is one of the most significant tools in the trainers’ toolbox. Play With Your Dog is for every dog person, from the novice pet owner to the professional trainer and opens up a new world of joyful communication. Now go out and play!"
- Leslie McDevitt, MLA, CDBC, CPDT, author of Control Unleashed
"Finally, a book that’s fun for you and your dog! It reminds us of why we got a dog in the first place! You’ll learn great games to play with your dogs along with ways to make routine games a little more interesting, challenging, and rewarding."
- Robin Bennett, CPDT, author of All About Dog Daycare
andOff-Leash Dog Play
Pat Miller is also the best selling author of the excellent book Do Over Dog.
When you purchase an eBook from Canine Training Systems, you will be able to initiate download from two locations after you enter your information and click "Submit":
Each eBook download contains 3 files types to work with Nook, Kindle, iPad or your PC among other devices. To learn more about our eBooks, click here.
- The online order confirmation page will immediately contain a download link
- Your confirmation email will contain a link above the list of items in your order