How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days by Shirlee Kalstone
Housebreaking a puppy or re-training an adult dog is perhaps THE most important training your dog will get and can set the tone for your relationship. Housebreaking problems can be stressful and difficult to rectify. Do it right from the start whether you have a puppy or adult dog. Use the enlightened, sure-fire techniques detailed in this book and train your dog using it's natural instincts.
This step-by-step program is for everyone, apartment dwellers and home owners, for those at home all day and those who work all day. Hour-by-hour schedules, paper training vs housebreaking, how to cope with lapses and problem dogs, and understanding how your dog thinks to help train! This book utilizes crate training as a tool.
We've used this book and keep one around as a refresher. It's fantastic! This little book is a common-sense approach to housebreaking and should be sent home with every new puppy owner.
How to Housebreak Your Dog in 7 Days
- The Psychology of Training
- The Secret of Successful Housbreaking
- When Is My Dog Ready to be Housebroken?
- The Very Young Puppy
- What About Older Dogs?
- Your Choice: Housebreaking, Paper-Training or Litter Pan Training
- The 7-Day Formula
- Establishing Regular Eating Habits
- Confining Your Dog to a "Den"
- Paper-Training and Litter Pan Training
- Choosing the Schedule That's Right for You
- The Power of Praise
- Corrective Training is Easy…With a Little Patience and Love
- Dogs Can Smell Odors Even When You Can't
- House Breaking and Paper-Training Problems
- In Conclusion
, Shirlee Kalstone, 2004, 86 pages, softcover.