Competitive Obedience Training for the Small Dog book by Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell
Barbara and Gerianne have a combined 40 years of experience in the sport of dogs. Between them they have earned over 100 High-in-Trial awards and 127 titles on 18 different dogs in obedience, tracking, agility, and conformation. This title is the ideal compliment to our Small Dog Fun Series of videotapes. These veterans share their techniques for, not only competing, but winning with a small dog. The methods of handling a smaller dog are detailed as well as how to train your dog through all levels of kennel club obedience. An invaluable resource with a completely different outlook on how we work with our dogs.
Competitive Obedience Training for the Small Dog
- Chapter 1: Can a Small Dog Be Competitive?
- Chapter 2: Puppy and Pre-Training
- Chapter 3: Training Plan and PhilosophyChapter 4: Equipment
- Chapter 5: Heeling: The Handler
- Chapter 6: Heeling: The Dog
- Chapter 7: The Sit, The Down and The Stays
- Chapter 8: Recall, Front and Finish
- Chapter 9: The Go Out
- Chapter 10: The Four Stands
- Chapter 11: The Retrieve
- Chapter 12: High Jump and Bar Jump
- Chapter 13: Broad Jump
- Chapter 14: Signals and Drop on Recall
- Chapter 15: Directed Retrieve
- Chapter 16: Scent Discrimination
- Chapter 17: Handling
, Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell, 192 pages, Seventh Printing, 2004, softcover.
Canine Training Systems also carries an eBook version of this title in digital format. Competitive Obedience for the Small Dog
Gerianne and Barbara are also featured in Canine Training Systems video series Small Dog Fun: Competing with a Small Dog.