This book is being CLEARANCED. When they're gone, they're gone!
Competitive Obedience Training for the Small Dog book by Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell
Barbara and Gerianne had a combined 53 years of experience in the sport of dogs. Between them they earned over 100 High-in-Trial awards and 127 titles on 18 different dogs in obedience, tracking, agility, and conformation. This title is the ideal compliment to our, now discontinued, Small Dog Fun Series of videos. These veterans share techniques for, not only competing, but winning with a small dog. The methods of handling a dog are detailed as well as how to train your dog through all levels of kennel club obedience.
Competitive Obedience Training for the Small Dog
- Chapter 1: Can a Small Dog Be Competitive?
- Chapter 2: Puppy and Pre-Training
- Chapter 3: Training Plan and PhilosophyChapter 4: Equipment
- Chapter 5: Heeling: The Handler
- Chapter 6: Heeling: The Dog
- Chapter 7: The Sit, The Down and The Stays
- Chapter 8: Recall, Front and Finish
- Chapter 9: The Go Out
- Chapter 10: The Four Stands
- Chapter 11: The Retrieve
- Chapter 12: High Jump and Bar Jump
- Chapter 13: Broad Jump
- Chapter 14: Signals and Drop on Recall
- Chapter 15: Directed Retrieve
- Chapter 16: Scent Discrimination
- Chapter 17: Handling
, Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell, 192 pages, Seventh Printing, 2004, softcover.
Gerianne and Barbara were also featured in Canine Training Systems discontinued video series Small Dog Fun: Competing with a Small Dog.