A great starter set into the award-winning series with 2X World IPO Champion Ivan Balabanov. Known for incredible performances in all three phases, this set will get you started in Ivan's techniques for producing world class dog sport performance.
This set includes:
Obedience without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov DVD 1: Clear Communication
- Obedience Without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov Video 1- Clear Communication DVD
- Advanced Schutzhund - A Book by Ivan Balabanov and Karen Duet
This production features one of today's most prominent and successful dog sport competitors and coaches. Ivan's techniques for creating crystal clarity in communication between handler and dog are detailed. True partnership is attained when the conflict of miscommunication is broken through common language.
This beautiful production details:
- how to establish clear communication with your dog
- how to use the release command as a bridge
- the proper use of the release command, reassurance command, and reward
- the relationship between fast performance, the release, and reward
- the interaction between primary, secondary, and tertiary reinforcers
- the use of signaled non-reward
- the relationship between "passive" and "active" obedience exercises
- an introduction to "The Game"
The importance of signaled non-reward is emphasized as a tool in creating clarity and immediate cue response. In addition to being the foundation behind Ivan's system of creating world class obedience performance, this title is ideal for any system of dog training regardless of activity/methodology. Every dog handler team will benefit in improved communication, strengthened trust and more consistent obedience performance, whether competitor or companion.
- The "Out" Command
- The "Release" Command
- The "Encouragement" Command
- The "No" Command
- The "No" & "First" Command
- "No" Prevents Undesirable Practice
- Action Commands
- Clarity, Ambiguity & Conflict
- The Target Behavior
- "Ideal" Obedience
- "Active" vs. "Passive" Obedience Skills
- The Transition: "Active" & "Passive" Phases
Copyright 2002 Canine Training SystemsŪ.
Broadcast Quality- 60 minutes.
A must have for every team wishing to improve their training relationship and attain higher performance.
INTERNATIONAL VIDEO PRODUCTION AWARDS:
Advanced Schutzhund (Book) by Ivan Balabanov and Karen Duet
- 2003 Communicator Award of Distinction
- 2004 Videographer Award of Distinction
- 2004 DV Award Winner
- 2004 25th Annual Telly Award Winner
This book clearly demonstrates Ivan's techniques for advanced Schutzhund work. All three phases are dealt with individually utilizing operant conditioning techniques to create a clear partnership between you and your dog. Special attention is given to common problems and their solutions while creating a lasting working relationship. This book also includes sections on preparing for competition and traveling with your dog. An excellent book that stresses getting the best performance from your dog. A fantastic combination for any trainer!
Howell Books 1999.
The DVD contains both the English and German language versions ON THE SAME DUAL-LAYER DISC.