A great starter set into the award-winning series with 2X World IPO Champion Ivan Balabanov. Known for incredible performances in all three phases, this set will get you started in Ivan's techniques for producing world class dog sport performance.
This set includes:
Obedience without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov DVD 2: The Game
- Obedience Without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov Video 2- The Game DVD
- Advanced Schutzhund - A Book by Ivan Balabanov and Karen Duet
This award winner is packed with detailed instructional information. This production details:
- "The Game" detailed as the motivational engine behind Ivan's obedience system
- Utilizing prey motivation while eliminating the negative side effects encountered in other systems
- teaching the out command as an instrumental exercise
- creating immediate response to sit and down commands by voice command alone
- teaching static attention; both two-way and one-way attention
- teaching the major passive skill of heeling by 'finding the leg'
- the gymnastic skills of correct left, right and about turns
- teaching the stand in motion
- the integration of active and passive exercises into the obedience routine
A strong emphasis is placed on teaching the dog self control to minimize correction,achieve precision through motivation and signaled non-reward as well as how to respond to cues in an instant which have been isolated to verbal cues alone. Distraction training is taught in this production using Clear Communication as the basis for guiding the dog through obedience training. When to raise criterion and achieving fluency with behaviors is discussed so that each trainer knows when to progress to the next level with their dog. An emphasis is placed on comprehension of skills rather than simply training behaviors.
- The Rules:
- The Dog
- The Handler
- The Basic Game
- The "Out"
- Creating Sit and Down
- Sit and Down
- First Commands
- Attention & Heeling
- Two-Way Attention
- One-Way Attention
- "Finding the Leg"
- Formal Heeling
- The Advanced Game
- The Stand
Copyright 2003 Canine Training SystemsŪ.
Broadcast Quality- 80 minutes. This title is heavily reliant upon the communication techniques and methods taught in Obedience without Conflict: Clear Communication
INTERNATIONAL VIDEO PRODUCTION AWARDS:
Advanced Schutzhund (Book) by Ivan Balabanov and Karen Duet
- 2003 Communicator Award of Distinction
- 2004 Videographer Award of Excellence
- 2004 DV Award Winner
- 2004 25th Annual Telly Award Winner
This book clearly demonstrates Ivan's techniques for advanced Schutzhund work. All three phases are dealt with individually utilizing operant conditioning techniques to create a clear partnership between you and your dog. Special attention is given to common problems and their solutions while creating a lasting working relationship. This book also includes sections on preparing for competition and traveling with your dog. An excellent book that stresses getting the best performance from your dog. A fantastic combination for any trainer! Broadcast Quality Video- 60 minutes- a must have for every team wishing to improve their training relationship and attain higher performance.
Howell Books 1999.
The DVD contains both the English and German language versions ON THE SAME DUAL-LAYER DISC.