Almost every dog has some degree of prey drive- it's in his genes- some more than others. In this fascinating and inspiring book, Clarissa von Reinhardt takes readers step by step through her training methods, inviting them to learn more about a dog's complex spectrum of behavior, and ultimately to maintain as much control as possible over the urge to chase prey.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Predatory Behavior
- 2. Foundation Training
- 3. Communicative Walks as Key to Training Success
- 4. Behaviors to Master
- 5. Play and Other Activities
- 6. Training Methods and Their Limits
- Postscript: The Story of Fenargi
- Closing Thoughts
- Further Reading
- About the Author
by Clarissa von Reinhardt, 136 pages, 2010, eBook
What others are saying:
"A great read for anyone who has struggled to come to grips with a dog who chases other animals. Chase! provides a comprehensive training program that addresses both the mental and physical needs of these challenging dogs and resoundingly refutes the need for aversive techniques. The training program is one that many dogs would raise their paws to, whether they have a high predatory instinct or not."
- Terry Long, CPDT-KA, editor of the APDT Chronicle of the Dog's "On Behavior" column and author of The Whole Dog Journal's "Good Sports" series
"Understanding a dog’s predatory nature can take years. The ability to help teach a novice handler to help their dogs step by step is a real gift. Clarissa has written a wonderful book on how to humanly and successfully work with our canine friends. She is clear it will take time and patience and to not hurry the process. This is one of the best books you can read to help guardians and their prey driven dogs help one another successfully become a team—and to strengthen the bond between them. You will learn to communicate openly and find joy and solace enjoying the countryside without the worry of the dog chasing wild game or cats. Congratulations Clarissa..."
- Dee Ganley, CPDT, CABC, CAP2, Author of Changing People Changing Dogs, Positive Solutions to Working with Dogs
When you purchase an eBook from Canine Training Systems, you will be able to initiate download from two locations after you enter your information and click "Submit":
Each eBook download contains 3 files types to work with Nook, Kindle, iPad or your PC among other devices. To learn more about our eBooks, click here.
- The online order confirmation page will immediately contain a download link
- Your confirmation email will contain a link above the list of items in your order