Do right for your Do Over Dog! What exactly is a Do-Over Dog? It might be a shelter dog you’re working with to help her become more adoptable. Perhaps it’s the dog you’ve adopted, rescued, or even found running stray who is now yours to live with and love…forever. Or it could be the dog you’ve lived with for years but you realize he still has “issues” that make him a challenging canine companion. A Do-Over Dog is any dog that you think needs—make that deserves—a second chance in life.
Noted author and trainer Pat Miller has spent her life working with both people and shelter dogs, family dogs, and dogs with behavior problems. In her newest book she shares the wisdom of her years in the field of force free, positive dog training to help give people and pets a first class life—together.
It's not too late to begin again:
- Learn how to assess any dog in order to anticipate his behavior and training needs.
- Find out how to make the best use of the “Honeymoon Period” when it’s important to teach new behaviors and establish good habits.
- Discover the best way to deal with problem behaviors that are common in Do-Over Dogs including fear, resource guarding, and separation anxiety.
- Educate yourself about using a combination of positive training and common sense management techniques to bring out the best in your new dog.
- 1. Why Some Dogs Need a Do-Over
- 2. The Shelter World and More
- 3. Adopting a Do-Over Dog
- 4. Welcome Home!
- 5. Science Lessons for the Do-Over Dog
- 6. The Honeymoon Period
- 7. A Do-Over Repair Manual, Part I: The Basics
- 8. A Do-Over Repair Manual, Part II: High Risk Behaviors
- 9. Happy Endings
- Appendix 1- Treats
- Appendix 2- Tools and Techniques for Breaking Up a Fight
- Appendix 3- Secondary Reinforcers
- Appendix 4- A Dozen Tricks to Teach Your Do-Over Dog
- About the Author
by Pat Miller, CPDT, CDBC, 2010, 210 pgs, eBook.
What others are saying:
" Pat Miller has written yet another MUST READ for dog owners everywhere. This is the rare
book that includes all the necessary information for the pet owner to select, introduce, train,
implement problem prevention, and work with already existing issues in the “Do-Over Dog”—
or ANY dog for that matter. The book provides enough information on each topic to be helpful
without overwhelming the reader with technical jargon. I can’t think of a better book for new or
prospective pet owners to read."
- Sarah Kalnajs, BA, CPDT, CDBC, creator of The Language of Dogs
and Am I Save?
"Pat Miller has written a terrific book that should be of interest to all dog owners. It is both
reader-friendly and educational and is packed with valuable information about training and
rehabilitation. Two paws up for a great contribution toward better understanding our canine
- Dr. Nicholas H Dodman, author of The Well Adjusted Dog
and other best-selling titles.
Pat Miller is also the best selling author of the excellent book Play with Your Dog.
When you purchase an eBook from Canine Training Systems, you will be able to initiate download from two locations after you enter your information and click "Submit":
Each eBook download contains 3 files types to work with Nook, Kindle, iPad or your PC among other devices. To learn more about our eBooks, click here.
- The online order confirmation page will immediately contain a download link
- Your confirmation email will contain a link above the list of items in your order