Gerianne Darnell and Barbara Cecil have a combined 40 years of experience in the sport of dogs. Between them they have earned over 100 High-in-Trial awards and 127 titles on 18 different dogs in obedience, tracking, agility, and conformation. This title is the ideal compliment to our Small Dog Fun Series of videotapes. These veterans share their techniques for, not only competing, but winning with a small dog. The methods of handling a smaller dog are detailed as well as how to train your dog through all levels of kennel club obedience. An invaluable resource with a completely different outlook on how we work with our dogs.
- Chapter 1: Can a Small Dog Be Competitive?
- Chapter 2: Puppy and Pre-Training
- Chapter 3: Training Plan and Philosophy
- Chapter 4: Equipment
- Chapter 5: Heeling: The Handler
- Chapter 6: Heeling: The Dog
- Chapter 7: The Sit, The Down and The Stays
- Chapter 8: Recall, Front and Finish
- Chapter 9: The Go Out
- Chapter 10: The Four Stands
- Chapter 11: The Retrieve
- Chapter 12: High Jump and Bar Jump
- Chapter 13: Broad Jump
- Chapter 14: Signals and Drop on Recall
- Chapter 15: Directed Retrieve
- Chapter 16: Scent Discrimination
- Chapter 17: Handling
Barbara Cecil and Gerianne Darnell, 192 pages, 2004, eBook.
Canine Training Systems also carries a physical version of this eBook in softcover. Competitive Obedience Training for the Small Dog
Gerianne and Barbara are also featured in Canine Training Systems video series Small Dog Fun: Competing with a Small Dog.
When you purchase an eBook from Canine Training Systems, you will be able to initiate download from two locations after you enter your information and click "Submit":
Each eBook download contains 3 files types to work with Nook, Kindle, iPad or your PC among other devices. To learn more about our eBooks, click here.
- The online order confirmation page will immediately contain a download link
- Your confirmation email will contain a link above the list of items in your order