The German Shepherd Dog the German Way Video 3- Basic Training, Conditioning and Handling with Ricardo Carbajal Streaming
This beautifully shot and edited third production in the series explains how to show your German Shepherd Dog successfully. This title begins by detailing the judging routine inside the ring from the judges perspective. Only from understanding what the judge is trying to see in the ring can the handler efficiently show the dog. Because the culture of the german ring is unique, interview footage with professional german handlers Klaus Pasch and Walter Kötters is interspersed.
The Basic Training section guides the viewer through the mindset of the competitive show dog owner discussing housing, interaction, early socialization and the various stages of preparation of the show dog from neutralizing the dog to the physical examination and gunfire to successfully teaching the dog to stack and stand.
You will learn:
- The organization, procedure, and strategy of an SV-style show
- An understanding of what the judge is trying to see when judging
- Raising the show puppy
- The basic handing skills for the SV style show ring
- I. The Judging Routine
- 1. The Stand for Examination
- 2. To and Fro
- 3. Fast Gait
- 4. The Walk
- 5. Group To and Fro
- 6. Group Fast Gaiting On and Off Leash
- 7. Gun Sureness
- II. Basic Training
- 1. Preliminary Training
- 2. Gun Soundness Training
- 3. Physical Examination
- 4. Teaching the Show Skills
- 5. General Procedure for the "Stack"
- 6. Teaching the Dog to Stand
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, Podium View™ On Demand Streaming, 85 minutes.
What others are saying about the video series:
"They are the best ever made on the breed.”
- SV Judge Henning Setzer