The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming Obedience 2- Teaching Precision Streaming
Well known as a coach and competitor, Joanne's students have achieved multiple high-in-trials, Regional and National wins as well as international placements including the 1997 and 1998 Vice World Working Dog Champion. Joanne's club member and student, Sue Nesbitt, has represented LV America 3 times with two different dogs. Club member Lisa Little will represent LV DVG America in 2013 with her Malinois Hailey. Joanne has earned the opportunity to represent North America in International competition 7 times, in 2005 with two dogs, a Belgian Malinois and a German Shepherd Dog, receiving the highest placing of any North American in 2005. Having represented LV America at the DVG Bundessieger-Prüfung from 2005-2007, Joanne also won the 2007 LV America Championships with her dog Enno, then went on to place 5th at the DVG BSP in Germany. Joanne has also found time to pick up high-in-trials in both AKC and CKC obedience competition along the way and her students have picked up multiple HIT's and HOT's. Her students are best known for their dogs' animated and very precise obedience and steady, confident tracking.
This title explores how to teach your dog or puppy precise gymnastic skills, the finish and true attention. In addition Joanne teaches the dog to respond positively to correction and to develop correct, spirited heeling through collection. Teaching Precision teaches the dog the gymnastic skills required to be consistently precise without the use of compulsion, teaching a positive response to correction and cuing the dog in a subtle way for trials for an increase in drive.
English Chapters include:
- Stage Three: More Formal Exercises
- Stage Three: Gymnastically Correct Sits and Downs
- Stage Three: Steadying the Sit and Down
- Stage Three: Heeling and the Halt
- Stage Four: The Beginnings of Precision
- Stage Four: The Offset Come-Fore
- Stage Four: More Precise Heeling
- Stage Four: The Finish
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt and Driving for Reward
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt: The Sit and Down
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt: The Offset Come-Fore
- Stage Five: Heeling: Driving for Food
- Stage Five: True Attention
- Stage Five: The Introduction of a Toy
- Stage Six: Correction, Collection and Cueing
- Stage Six: Containment with Correction
- Stage Six: Teaching Proactive Responses to Correction
- Stage Six: Heeling with Collection
- Stage Six: Cueing: Drive on Command
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 70 minutes, DVD.