On Target- Training Substance Detector Dogs with Randy Hare- Detection 3 DVD
NOTE: This is the original 2006 series
with Randy Hare. The NEW SERIES
, can be found here Advancements in The Randy Hare Method of Detection Training
This third, and final video, in this award-winning series details Randy’s procedure for finishing the detector dog’s education in real world situations while learning the final six objectives. In addition, the training of the passive detection dog is taught in detail using a contact or close acknowledgement response to pinpoint target substance.
Training the Passive Response Detector Dog
- Objective 09: Recognizing additional target substances
- Objective 10: The Oral and Acknowledgement Game 1
- Objective 11: The Oral Game 2- Problems of Access and Puzzles
- Objective 12: Introducing vehicle searches and the Oral Response
- Objective 13: Including the Final Response in Vehicle searches
- Objective 14: Building Searches
- Objective 15: On Leash and Directed Searches
Randy details the modifications within each Objective to fully train a reliable, passive detector dog.
- Objective 1: Selecting a good detector dog prospect.
- Objective 2: Teaching the Target Odor- Reward Association.
- Objective 3: Conditioning the Final Response.
- Objectives 4 & 5: Teaching the dog to divert his attention from reward to target odor.
- Objective 6: Teaching the "Contact Response" (The analog to the "Oral Response").
- Objective 7: Extending the search.
- Objectives 8 & 9: Teaching the dog to ignore distractors and to recognize additional target odors.
- Objectives 10 & 11: The "Contact & Acknowledgement Game" and Problems of access and puzzles.
- Objectives 12 & 13: Introducing vehicle searches with the Contact Response and including the Final Response in vehicle searches.
- Objectives 14 & 15: Building, On Leash and Directed Searches.
Copyright 2007 Canine Training Systems®. 77 minutes.
INTERNATIONAL PRODUCTION AWARDS:
- 2008 Videographer Award of Distinction
- 2008 Communicator Award of Distinction
- 2008 29th Annual Silver Telly Award Winner
- 2008 Ava Gold Award Winner
- 2008 Davey Silver Award Winner
- 2008 MarCom Creative Gold Award Winner