Narcotics Detection with Charles Kirchner
This set includes:
- Narcotics Detection 1 DVD
- Narcotics Detection 2 DVD
Charles Kirchner retired in 1980 after 20 years as an officer, dog handler, senior trainer, and canine instructor for the Metro Police Department in Washington D.C. During that time, he trained the first explosive-detector dog in the world. Since 1980 he has remained very active in the field of service-dog training, teaching countless seminars and continuing to train narcotics dogs for a number of police departments.
Narcotics Detection 1 with Charles Kirchner DVD
Narcotics 1 describes everything a prospective handler or canine supervisor needs to know about the initial steps of organizing a narcotics-detector dog program including: testing and selecting prospective detector dogs, correctly handling narcotics used in training, motivating the dog to search, teaching a strong alert and the first major transition in training.
- Selecting the Dog
- Part 2: Handling Narcotics
- Minimizing Confounds
- Ingestion Accidents
- Part 3: Training the Dog
- Passive vs. Aggressive Alerts
- Choice of Reward: Balls vs Tugs vs Praise vs Food
- Step 1: Teaching the Dog to Associate Play with the Odor of Marijuana
- Step 2: Teaching the Dog to Search
- Step 3: Teaching the Dog to Aggressively Indicate his Find
- Step 4: Increasing Difficulty of the Search
- Begin to Direct the Dog as he Searches
- The First Transition
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 78 minutes, DVD.
Narcotics Detection 2 with Charles Kirchner DVD
Narcotics 2 details the more advanced stages of forming a narcotics-detector dog program including: making the transition from marijuana to cocaine and heroin, problem solving, employment and use in active service, and legal guidelines for handlers.
- Step 7: The Second Transition- From Marijuana to Other Substances
- Step 8: “Blind” Searches
- Step 9: Problem Solving
- Maintenance Training
- Part 4: Deployment and Use of the Narcotic Detection Dog
- Search Warrants
- Currency and Postal “Searches”
- Maintenance and In-Service Training
- Automobile Searches
- Multiple Packaging and Masking Agents
- Part 5: Legal Guidelines: Establishing probable cause.
- The Dog
- The Handler
- D.E.A. and State Licenses
- Schools, Jails and Sobriety Checkpoints
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 86 minutes, DVD.
This bundled set saves you $25.00!