The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming-Plumb 4 DVD Set
This set includes:
- The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs Obedience 1- Basic Skills DVD
- The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs Obedience 2- Teaching Precision DVD
- The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs Tracking 1 DVD
- The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs Tracking 2 DVD
Well known as a coach and competitor, Joanne's students have achieved multiple high-in-trials, Regional and National wins as well as international placements including the 1997 and 1998 Vice World Working Dog Champion. Joanne's club member and student, Sue Nesbitt, has represented LV America 3 times with two different dogs. Club member Lisa Little will represent LV DVG America in 2013 with her Malinois Hailey. Joanne has earned the opportunity to represent North America in International competition 7 times, in 2005 with two dogs, a Belgian Malinois and a German Shepherd Dog, receiving the highest placing of any North American in 2005. Having represented LV America at the DVG Bundessieger-Prüfung from 2005-2007, Joanne also won the 2007 LV America Championships with her dog Enno, then went on to place 5th at the DVG BSP in Germany. Joanne has also found time to pick up high-in-trials in both AKC and CKC obedience competition along the way and her students have picked up multiple HIT's and HOT's. Her students are best known for their dogs' animated and very precise obedience and steady, confident tracking.
The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming Obedience 1- Basic Skills DVD
Demonstrates inducive techniques to teach your dog or puppy to be a willing, active learner; to develop active, dynamic attention; to teach constructive play and drive containment; and to create eager performance of sit, down, heel, come-fore, and recall. Basic Skills Tape 1 introduces drive containment, correction, and motivational training methods for puppies, adults and retrains as well as guidance on how to handle dogs of different body types and drive levels. This video is excellent for Schutzhund and Kennel Club Obedience.
- Proactive Responses to Compulsion
- Stage One: Teaching Willingness, Activity and Play
- Stage One: The Role of Food
- Stage One: Teaching Activity
- Stage One: Walks
- Stage One: Teaching Constructive Play
- Stage One: Introducing Containment
- Stage Two: Teaching the First Obedience Skills
- Stage Two: The Sit
- Stage Two: The Down
- Stage Two: The Come-Fore
- Stage Two: The Beginnings of Heeling
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 84 minutes, DVD.
The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming Obedience 2- Teaching Precision DVD
This title explores how to teach your dog or puppy precise gymnastic skills, the finish and true attention. In addition Joanne teaches the dog to respond positively to correction and to develop correct, spirited heeling through collection. Teaching Precision teaches the dog the gymnastic skills required to be consistently precise without the use of compulsion, teaching a positive response to correction and cuing the dog in a subtle way for trials for an increase in drive.
- Stage Three: More Formal Exercises
- Stage Three: Gymnastically Correct Sits and Downs
- Stage Three: Steadying the Sit and Down
- Stage Three: Heeling and the Halt
- Stage Four: The Beginnings of Precision
- Stage Four: The Offset Come-Fore
- Stage Four: More Precise Heeling
- Stage Four: The Finish
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt and Driving for Reward
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt: The Sit and Down
- Stage Five: Fading the Prompt: The Offset Come-Fore
- Stage Five: Heeling: Driving for Food
- Stage Five: True Attention
- Stage Five: The Introduction of a Toy
- Stage Six: Correction, Collection and Cueing
- Stage Six: Containment with Correction
- Stage Six: Teaching Proactive Responses to Correction
- Stage Six: Heeling with Collection
- Stage Six: Cueing: Drive on Command
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 70 minutes, DVD.
The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming Tracking 1 DVD
Tracking 1 teaches your dog scent discrimination through the use of a scent box so that the dog develops calmness and confidence. There have been many iterations of this technique but none in the detail and broadcast quality encompassed in these titles. The scent work progression through serpentine tracks and multiple terrains is covered while emphasizing the dog's learning with minimal handler interference. An emphasis is placed on allowing the dog to learn from his mistakes without the consequence of compulsion.
- First Principles
- Basic Equipment
- The Scent Box
- Why Practice the Scent Box Exercise?
- The Scent Box: 1) Scent Discrimination
- The Scent Box: 2) Teaching Containment
- The Scent Box: 3) Teaching a Loss of Track Indication
- The Scent Box: 4) Independent Problem-Solving- Possible Scent Box Scenarios
- When to move on to “Real” Tracking
- Laying the Track
- The First Track
- The “Hectic” Dog
- The “Disinterested” Dog
- In the Next Tape…
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 60 minutes.
The Foundations of Competitive Working Dogs with Joanne Fleming Tracking 2 DVD
In this DVD, learn how to properly construct your track, using serpentines to minimize handler interference. Joanne also demonstrates her method of teaching article indication off the track. In addition, how to wean the dog from food and to develop independent problem-solving ability while dealing with changes in terrain and issues of speed and distraction are addressed.
- Using Serpentines
- Removing Food from the Track
- Grass Tracking
- Compulsion: Basic Principles
- Compulsion: The Introduction
- Complicating the Picture
Copyright Canine Training Systems®, 70 minutes, DVD.
You save $100 when ordering this set!
The Foundations of Competitive Obedience 3: Heeling, the Recall and Motion Exercises
can be added to this set in the pull down option below as a 5 DVD Set. You save $20 on that title when ordering it with this set!
Is this set not exactly what you're after? You can create your own combination set with our multi-disc discount!