Columbia, MO- November 16, 2009- Canine Training Systems, the leading provider of broadcast quality instructional training titles for sport, service and companion dogs, today announced that The DV Awards has selected their most recent offering, Obedience without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov 3: The Retrieve as a 2009 DV Award Winner. This title is the third in The Obedience without Conflict series.
The DV Awards are graded on various items including creativity, technical merit and execution of ideas. A nominating committee views and recommends entries to quality as Finalists. From there they are viewed by a panel of judges that are seasoned professionals in the industry with an average of 20 years experience. They have a diverse background representing all areas of production including cinematography, art direction, editing, sound, scriptwriting, animation and visual effects.
Obedience without Conflict 3 is the third in the Award-Winning series with Ivan Balabanov, a Bulgarian dog sport competitor and coach that has risen to prominence since his move to the United States. In 2007, Ivan won the FCI All Breeds World Championship with Quenny ot Vitosha as well as the 2007 FMBB (Belgian Shepherd) World Championships with a 98 point Obedience routine! With Quenny, Ivan also won the 2005, 2006 and 2007 American Working Dog Federation Championships! In addition to his success with Quenny, Ivan earned a fourth place with Vice World Champion Django ot Vitosha. Quenny earned 99 points in protection and 98 in obedience while Django won 1st place handler/owner trained and high obedience at 99 points. Four “Ot Vitosha” dogs, all bred by Ivan, made the USA team!
“The Balabanov Method involves giving as much information to the dog as possible. In this way, the dog will solve the problem at hand more easily and with less frustration,” states Mark Plonsky, PhD. “Ivan places great emphasis on a relationship between the dog and handler that is based on trust.”
- Ivan's innovative approach to the divide between inducive and compulsive methods is bridged in this, the third, in the Obedience without Conflict series.
- Through the use of tension and minimum force, Ivan demonstrates this innovative technique for creating a world class retrieve through the isolation of the "hold" behavior.
- This title covers the most challenging aspect of the retrieve exercise- speed and solid gripping under stimulus control.
- This title focuses on isolating speed while teaching correct holding through the use of a Retrieve Dowel, jumping and climbing behaviors under distraction and then combining the behaviors once taught and conditioned under independent stimulus control.
- This production is available with English, German and Spanish subtitles on professionally authored and replicated DVD for playback on the widest variety of consumer equipment.
Pricing and Availability
Obedience without Conflict with Ivan Balabanov 3: The Retrieve, is immediately available through the Canine Training Systems worldwide reseller channel and direct from the Canine Training Systems website at www.caninetrainingsystems.com for an MSRP of $69.95. The website contains a detailed outline as well as excerpts from the 72 minute title.
About Canine Training Systems
Founded in 1987, Canine Training Systems is the worldwide leader in instructional titles for pet owners, dog sport competitors and industry professionals. The company’s success lies in its ability to couple with the experts in service, sport and companion dog training and deliver their techniques to consumers through the most up-to-date delivery formats. With the strength of their growing expert list, no other organization in the market place can offer the variety of techniques, disciplines, depth of knowledge or quality of product that Canine Training Systems provides it’s worldwide customer base.
Canine Training Systems Press Contact